EC&R Press releases
E.ON buys CO2 certificates for YouTube video
• Story about the world's greenest data center is a million hit
• Power consumption in data centers due to playback is compensated for in a climate-neutral manner […]
Waterways become climate-neutral transport routes of the future
• E.ON, Rotterdam Port Authority and DeltaPort Niederrheinhäfen want to reduce emissions in ports and on waterways
• The partners are developing concepts for alternative propulsion systems for inland navigation […]
E.ON recognized as global leader for engaging as energy supplier
E.ON has been identified as a global leader for engaging in its supply chain and as energy supplier on climate change, being awarded a position on the Supplier Engagement Leaderboard by global environmental impact non-profit CDP. […]
New, innovative solution for ultra-fast charging electric vehicles
• Cooperation between E.ON and Volkswagen Group Components makes a significant contribution to the development of ultra-fast charging infrastructure
• Ultra-fast charging in the future – simple, inexpensive and possible everywhere [...]
E.ON discovers world's greenest data center in Grotach
• Completely sustainable and 100 percent CO2-neutral
• E.ON publishes video portrait - with a wink
New energy for a climate-neutral society
• E.ON presents the potential of the connected energy world for energy efficiency, climate protection and comfort at the E-world trade fair in Essen
• Brand new solution from E.ON and Volkswagen Group Components for ultra-fast charging of […]
More than two thirds of German online user do not pay attention [...]
• Current, representative E.ON survey on Internet usage and energy consumption presented
• Many prepared to rethink online consumption for climate protection
• Tips for climate-friendly streaming
High power consumption in data centers due to [...]
E.ON and partners are testing the energy network of the future
• “Energy Cosmos ENSURE” is coming to Schleswig-Holstein
• Energy Cosmos is the result of the ENSURE research project funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research
• As part of their “Copernicus Projects for the Energy Transition”, […]
E.ON calls for new social consensus for the energy turnaround
“We need a new basic social consensus for the transformation of the energy system. The leap into the energy world of the future is a generational task. Business, politics, regulation – everyone is called upon to make a joint [...]
Planned takeover of innogy
E.ON sets the amount of cash compensation for innogy’s remaining minority shareholders at €42.82 per innogy share.
E.ON successfully raises €2.25 billion of bonds
• Early refinancing of 2020 bond redemptions
• Green bond issuance to fund sustainable infrastructure and energy efficiency projects
• All bonds met very high investor demand
Today, E.ON issued three bond tranches with a combined volume [...]
E.ON simplifies search for tradesmen
• New company and internet platform founded as a bridge to the craft sector
• Digitalized processes relieve customers and craftsmen
E.ON is using the growing product range and rising sales figures to gear its customer service and interaction [...]
Climate conference: Majority of Germans see industry and ...
• Majority of Germans see responsibility for climate protection first in business and industry Germans are willing to change their behavior and pay more for sustainably manufactured products.
• Many Europeans want to contribute to climate [...]
Offshore wind project Rampion "Sussex-fully" completed
• 400 MW wind farm ceremonially opened
• First wind project off the UK’s south coast
• Brighton visitor centre opens in summer [...]
Survey: German citizens see climate change as the greatest social ...
• Global warming is considered to be the greatest social challenge for one in three German citizens
• Germans are willing to change their behavior and pay more for sustainably manufactured products
• E.ON: CO2 pricing would be provide a [...]
E.ON to build one of Europe’s largest onshore wind farms in Sweden
• Project Nysäter with capacity of 475 megawatts
• Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners acquires 80 percent stake
• Power Purchase Agreement signed with a Global Energy Major [...]
E.ON increases nine-month earnings and narrows forecast range
· Full-year 2018 adjusted EBIT and adjusted net income now expected to be in upper half of forecast range
· Nine-month adjusted EBIT 11 percent above prior-year figure, adjusted net income up 25 percent
· Economic net debt reduced [...]
E.ON and innogy integration planning making good progress
• First major decisions made regarding the planned integration of innogy into E.ON and the new company’s intended future organization
• New company to be called E.ON
• E.ON regional suppliers and innogy regional companies to retain [...]
Joint Press Release: Highly innovative energy concept for Berlin TXL
Berliner Stadtwerke and E.ON to Cool and Heat the Urban Tech Republic and Schumacher Quartier
In the future, Berliner Stadtwerke and E.ON will supply TXL - The Urban Tech Republic - in Berlin with cooling and heating using a highly innovative [...]
Premiere for a DAX company: E.ON presents interactive 'Powergames'...
• E.ON is the first DAX company to use an interactive live format on Facebook
• Two teams, each with three prominent influencers, compete against each other at the "E.ON Power Games" in challenges about energy. [...]
Offshore wind farm Arkona built in record time
• All turbines installed in less than three months
• Politics and Offshore Industry congratulate
The Arkona offshore wind farm is fully built. The joint project between E.ON and the Norwegian energy company Equinor completed the installation [...]
World Energy Day on October 22: Is Germany the European ...
Is Germany the European energy-saving champion? According to a survey by E.ON and KantarEMNID, at least 14 percent of Germans believe so, but the reality is rather different. Of the ten European countries covered in the survey, Romania takes [...]
E.ON brings innovation to the energy market [...]
For the first time 100 percent self-sufficient solar power supply without battery possible
E.ON stirs up the solar and photovoltaic market. E.ON is the first company to offer its customers the option of storing their own solar power without [...]
E.ON commissions two large battery storage facilities in the USA
Renewable energy from E.ON wind farms improve security of supply
E.ON has put two 10-megawatt batteries into operation in Texas. The Texas Waves lithium-ion energy storage units are providing system services for the market. The batteries are [...]
Arkona offshore wind farm concludes second construction phase [...]
- All 60 transition pieces installed
- Transformer station will be delivered from France in spring
Construction of the Arkona offshore wind farm in the German Baltic Sea is progressing at a fast pace. [...]
Germany leads the pack with romantic dinners by candlelight
No other Europeans are as romantic as the Germans. Almost half the population, 39 percent, uses candlelight for a date or dinner. This has been revealed by the study ‘Living in Europe’ carried out by E.ON and Kantar EMNID. [...]
E.ON starts construction of a new wind farm in Texas
By investing in a new major project, E.ON underscores the attractiveness of the U.S. wind power market. In Kenedy County, Texas, E.ON has begun construction of the Stella wind farm. [...]
E.ON tenders Uniper shares under Fortum’s takeover offer
E.ON today decided to accept Fortum’s voluntary public takeover offer for Uniper SE stock dated November 7, 2017. [...]
Johannes Teyssen’s contract as CEO extended through the end of 2021
As already announced in September, the Supervisory Board of E.ON SE today extended Johannes Teyssen's contract as Chairman of the Board of Management until December 31, 2021. [...]
Ad-hoc Notice: Disclosure of an inside information acc. to Article ...
PreussenElektra wins against Electrabel before a court of arbitration
An international court of arbitration decided almost entirely in favor of PreussenElektra GmbH, an E.ON subsidiary, based on legal actions between PreussenElektra and [...]
Delivering reliable energy supplies also at Christmas
They are available around the clock to repair lines damaged by storms, snow and ice, procure electricity and gas or handle energy flows in grid control rooms...
E.ON reached one million electric vehicle charges at E.ON Denmark
Further expansion of charging networks in Denmark and Sweden
More than one million electric vehicle drivers have charged their car batteries at E.ON stations in Denmark over the past three years. The one million charges cover a distance of [...]
Smart meters very well received in E.ON pilot projects
Positive feedback from 80 percent of customers
Electricity customers have responded very favorably to the smart meters installed on their premises as part of four smart meter projects conducted by E.ON in Germany. Over 1,000 meters have [...]
Ceremony to mark the start of construction of the Arkona offshore ...
Technical innovation for environmental
protection and added value
After years of preparation, construction of the the Arkona offshore wind farm has begun on the high seas. In honour of this occasion, the developers, E.ON and Statoil, ...
E.ON once again the main sponsor of Berlin’s Festival of Lights
For the third year in a row, the energy company E.ON is supporting the Festival of Lights in Berlin as its main sponsor. The internationally established light-art event takes place from October 6 to 15 and is once again set to draw millions ...
Disclosure of an inside information acc. to Article 17 MAR
E.ON in advanced negotiations regarding an agreement according to which it would have the right to decide to tender its remaining Uniper stake in the course of a Public Takeover Offer ...
E.ON starts constructing the Texas Waves power storage plant in ...
E.ON has started constructing its Texas Waves power storage project in the USA. The 2 x 10 megawatt (MW) storage facility (5 MWh) is being constructed on the sites of the pre-existing E.ON wind farms Pyron and Inadale in West Texas.
E.ON uses smart meters for the first time to control customer systems
E.ON is one of the first companies in Germany to control photovoltaic (PV) systems using intelligent metering systems, commonly known as smart met An additional unit, a so-called control box, prevents grid congestion by flexibly controlling power ...
Construction begins for the Arkona offshore wind project in the ...
Construction work on the Arkona wind project in the German Baltic Sea has begun. E.ON reports that the first foundations have been successfully laid in the seabed. A total of 60 so-called monopiles will be installed for the Arkona wind park ...
E.ON integrates Fraport AG emergency power generators ...
- Fluctuating energy needs can be offset quickly and flexibly
- Security of supply is ensured at all times
- Virtual power plants are already serving as important components of power generation ...
E.ON to build one of Germany’s first commercial Ultra-Fast ...
As a commitment to playing a leading role in the transition to E-Mobility in Europe, E.ON has chosen Autohof Strohofer service station near the motorway A3 between Frankfurt and Nuremberg to be the first location in the planned Europe-wide ...
Arkona offshore distribution station laid down in French shipyard
- Ceremony for partners E.ON, Statoil, 50Hertz, and STX France
- Offshore project Arkona within budget and schedule
The steelworks of the offshore distribution station for the planned Arkona wind farm in the Baltic Sea are now finished. ...
Solar for cities: Vonovia and E.ON to install solar panels on ...
Joint Press Release
- E.ON manages solar installations on Vonovia buildings in 15 German cities
- Expanding renewables in population centers is particularly sensible
Vonovia and E.ON have taken an important step toward a sustainable ...
E.ON tapping into additional markets for its wind service business
- Operation and maintenance service offering for Italy and the UK
- Anticipate steady market growth
E.ON is expanding its service business in operation and maintenance of wind farms internationally into additional markets. The company announced ...