To ensure a secure electronic communication for the E.ON Group, E.ON SE set up a Group-wide Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Certificate policies supply information regarding applications where the issued certificates may be used. This should also determine the impact this shall have for the applicants and trusted parties.
You can find the current certification policy definitions for certificates used by the E.ON Group here:
Current encryption certificates of your E.ON contacts can be found in the Certificate Portal of the Teletrust EBCA at https://dir.ebca.de.
Technical questions related to usage of PKI technologies need to be clarified with the technical contacts in your organization.
For inquiries regarding certification policies or validity of certificates as well as electronic signatures from E.ON PKI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org via E-mail.
Public Certificate Directory
To enable sending encrypted e-mails to recipients within E.ON Group, the necessary "public keys" of the receivers are published in the certificate directory of the European Bridge-CA (EBCA):
1. Insert the exact e-mail address in the searching field
2. Enter the security code (captcha)
3. Press the Search - button
If a suitable entry exists, the certificate is shown:
4. Download the public key to your computer. Click the Save-Icon and choose the best format (vcf, p7b, cer,…)
If you are using MS Outlook we recommend the vCard format (vcf) to import the recipient’s certificate directly as a contact.
General Information for Use of Secure E-mail at E.ON
- For technical and operational questions of your E-mail program, please contact the IT Support of your own organization
- Basically, every employee of the E.ON Group, has the ability to send and receive encrypted E-mails
- For the ability of long-term access to encrypted content of information, which has been transmitted, is the responsibility of each communication partner. We recommend a safe storage/backup of encryption keys/certificates