As new advances in energy efficiency emerge, the way you power your operations can’t just save you money – it can be a source of income too.
Peak shaving can cut your grid fees by 80% and your energy costs by 20%.
Why treat sustainability as a box-ticking exercise when you can use it to boost productivity – and help the environment?
We helped one retailer save 800 tonnes of CO2 annually.
Being smarter with your energy use can help you give your customers and employees a better experience, while keeping energy costs to a minimum.
Happy employees are 12% more productive.
Can you make ice cream out of rubber?
We will turn wasted heat into spending power for Deutsche Gasrußwerke and help neighbouring companies to benefit from low-cost energy.
Can you lose 200 tonnes of CO2 through smarter energy controls?
We worked with Marks & Spencer to achieve 34% energy savings across 550 stores – helping them save money and reach their ambitious carbon reduction targets in the process.
Can the wasted heat from a data centre be used to power an entire community?
We partnered with Binero Group AB to develop a unique and sustainable data centre that provides our customers in Vallentuna with one third of the town’s district heating needs.
Only 16 percent of Germans would buy an electric car
• Clear majority for the petrol engine as next model
• In other European countries more willingness to switch to electric engines
Only 16 percent of Germans planning to buy a car would opt for an electric car. In Europe, only the Czechs are [...]
E.ON invests in 440 megawatt wind farm in Texas
E.ON will build a new onshore wind farm in the USA. The 440-megawatt Big Raymond wind farm in Texas is the largest single phase project E.ON has ever completed in the United States. [...]
Ready to cover continued digitization: E.ON acquires [...]
E.ON has acquired 100 percent of the Swedish company Coromatic. The company is the Nordic region's leading provider of critical infrastructure and helps customers ensure data communication and power supply to critical installations by providing [...]
Pilot project - E.ON and real focus on energy-efficient building [...]
Smart Home for superstores – E.ON has developed a system for retailers that can reduce energy consumption by up to 35 percent, especially in shopping centers. The partners E.ON and real are now implementing the concept for the first time [...]
E.ON board member Thomas König presents new study: E.ON grids [...]
• E.ON ready to cope with all cars in its service areas being electric by 2045
• Grid conversion will be largely completed without disruptions by construction sites
E.ON and Kyuden Mirai Energy sign cooperation agreement for ...
E.ON and Kyuden Mirai Energy signed a cooperation agreement to jointly develop offshore wind projects in Japan. The cooperation is focused on fixed bottom projects and starts with a study to jointly select a project for development, [...]
Electromobility: Germans more sceptical than most Europeans
• Only seven percent of Germans believe there will be more electric vehicles than petrol or diesel cars on German roads in the next five years
• Populations of other European countries are notably more optimistic
In a Europe-wide comparison [...]
Start of construction for the Peyton Creek wind farm in Texas
E.ON further expands its generation position in the United States. According to the company, construction has now begun on the 151-megawatt Peyton Creek project in Matagorda County, Texas. The wind farm is expected to go into operation before [...]
E.ON awarded major contract by DS Smith in the UK
• E.ON to build combined heat and power facility for DS Smith in Kent
• Annual savings of 36.000 tons of carbon
• Long-standing site partnership extended for a further 20 years
DS Smith, the leading provider of sustainable packaging solutions [...]
Climate conference: Majority of Germans see industry and ...
• Majority of Germans see responsibility for climate protection first in business and industry Germans are willing to change their behavior and pay more for sustainably manufactured products.
• Many Europeans want to contribute to climate [...]
Offshore wind project Rampion "Sussex-fully" completed
• 400 MW wind farm ceremonially opened
• First wind project off the UK’s south coast
• Brighton visitor centre opens in summer [...]