Facing the challenges of tomorrow
Turning challenges into opportunities
The onset of new energy trends and tighter regulations pose difficult questions for businesses. But with intelligent thinking, each new challenge can bring its own set of opportunities to evolve and grow.
As new advances in energy efficiency emerge, the way you power your operations can’t just save you money – it can be a source of income too.
Peak shaving can cut your grid fees by 80% and your energy costs by 20%.
Why treat sustainability as a box-ticking exercise when you can use it to boost productivity – and help the environment?
We helped one retailer save 800 tonnes of CO2 annually.
Being smarter with your energy use can help you give your customers and employees a better experience, while keeping energy costs to a minimum.
Happy employees are 12% more productive.
Our team of energy experts are dedicated to finding new, imaginative solutions to whatever challenges you’re facing, from complex regulatory compliance to future-proofing energy security. We offer a complete suite of solutions, from consultancy and financing right through to implementation and management.
Can you make ice cream out of rubber?
We're turning wasted heat into spending power for Gasrußwerke and helping its neighbours Coldstore to benefit from low-cost energy.
Can you lose 200 tonnes of CO2 through smarter energy controls?
We worked with Marks & Spencer to achieve 34% energy savings across 550 stores – helping them save money and reach their ambitious carbon reduction targets in the process.
Can the wasted heat from a data centre be used to power an entire community?
We partnered with Binero Group AB to develop a unique and sustainable data centre that provides our customers in Vallentuna with one third of the town’s district heating needs.
E.ON board member Thomas König presents new study: E.ON grids [...]
• E.ON ready to cope with all cars in its service areas being electric by 2045
• Grid conversion will be largely completed without disruptions by construction sites
E.ON and Kyuden Mirai Energy sign cooperation agreement for ...
E.ON and Kyuden Mirai Energy signed a cooperation agreement to jointly develop offshore wind projects in Japan. The cooperation is focused on fixed bottom projects and starts with a study to jointly select a project for development, [...]
Electromobility: Germans more sceptical than most Europeans
• Only seven percent of Germans believe there will be more electric vehicles than petrol or diesel cars on German roads in the next five years
• Populations of other European countries are notably more optimistic
In a Europe-wide comparison [...]
Start of construction for the Peyton Creek wind farm in Texas
E.ON further expands its generation position in the United States. According to the company, construction has now begun on the 151-megawatt Peyton Creek project in Matagorda County, Texas. The wind farm is expected to go into operation before [...]
E.ON awarded major contract by DS Smith in the UK
• E.ON to build combined heat and power facility for DS Smith in Kent
• Annual savings of 36.000 tons of carbon
• Long-standing site partnership extended for a further 20 years
DS Smith, the leading provider of sustainable packaging solutions [...]
Climate conference: Majority of Germans see industry and ...
• Majority of Germans see responsibility for climate protection first in business and industry Germans are willing to change their behavior and pay more for sustainably manufactured products.
• Many Europeans want to contribute to climate [...]
Offshore wind project Rampion "Sussex-fully" completed
• 400 MW wind farm ceremonially opened
• First wind project off the UK’s south coast
• Brighton visitor centre opens in summer [...]
E.ON to build one of Europe’s largest onshore wind farms in Sweden
• Project Nysäter with capacity of 475 megawatts
• Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners acquires 80 percent stake
• Power Purchase Agreement signed with a Global Energy Major [...]
Joint Press Release: Highly innovative energy concept for Berlin TXL
Berliner Stadtwerke and E.ON to Cool and Heat the Urban Tech Republic and Schumacher Quartier
In the future, Berliner Stadtwerke and E.ON will supply TXL - The Urban Tech Republic - in Berlin with cooling and heating using a highly innovative [...]
Offshore wind farm Arkona built in record time
• All turbines installed in less than three months
• Politics and Offshore Industry congratulate
The Arkona offshore wind farm is fully built. The joint project between E.ON and the Norwegian energy company Equinor completed the installation [...]
E.ON enables consumer-driven intelligent electric vehicle charging ...
E.ON is introducing the IT platform system of Finnish electric vehicle charging service provider Virta as a digital backbone of the E.ON Drive charging network in Europe.
Virta’s technology will improve the accessibility and user experience of [...]