E.ON at a glance
Global trends – like sustainability and climate protection, digitalization and technological innovation – are altering the energy landscape. At the same time, our customers’ energy needs are changing. The result of these changes is a brand new energy world – decentralized, green, and interconnected – that we must adapt to.
Our core businesses reflect the key emerging energy trends:
- The transformation of yesterday’s power lines into tomorrow’s smart energy networks.
- The increasing demand for innovative customer solutions.
- The global growth of renewables.
We provide solutions for this new energy world. And we make sure that everything we do has a single focus: our customers. Whether they are individuals or families, big or small businesses, or even entire towns and cities.
E.ON facts and figures
E.ON is an international, privately owned energy supplier. We are focused on renewables, energy networks and customer solutions. Our business is built on these foundations, because we believe that they are the building blocks of the new energy world. Because of this focus, our conventional generation and energy trading businesses were combined into a separate company – Uniper – on the 1st January 2016. Uniper has been independently listed since the 12th September 2016.
E.ON Group highlights ¹⁾
|EUR in millions||2017||2016||+/- %|
|Adjusted EBITDA 2)||4.955
|Adjusted EBIT 2)||3.074||3.112
|Adjusted net income 2)||1.427||904||+58|
|Employees (at year-end)||42.699||43.138||-1|
1) The Uniper Group was deconsolidated effective December 31st, 2016. It is shown in our 2016 income statement as discontinued operation.
2) Adjusted for non-operating effects