E.ON at a glance
Global trends – like sustainability and climate protection, digitalization and technological innovation – are altering the energy landscape. At the same time, our customers’ energy needs are changing. The result of these changes is a brand new energy world – decentralized, green, and interconnected – that we must adapt to.
Our core businesses reflect the key emerging energy trends:
- The transformation of yesterday’s power lines into tomorrow’s smart energy networks.
- The increasing demand for innovative customer solutions.
- The global growth of renewables.
We provide solutions for this new energy world. And we make sure that everything we do has a single focus: our customers. Whether they are individuals or families, big or small businesses, or even entire towns and cities.
E.ON facts and figures
E.ON is an international, privately owned energy supplier based in Essen, Germany, and has around 43,000 employees. With a clear focus on three strong core businesses—Energy Networks, Customer Solutions, and Renewables—we aim to become the partner of choice for energy and customer solutions.
E.ON Group highlights ¹⁾
|EUR in millions||2017||2016||+/- %|
|Adjusted EBITDA 2)||4.955
|Adjusted EBIT 2)||3.074||3.112
|Adjusted net income 2)||1.427||904||+58|
|Employees (at year-end)||42.699||43.138||-1|
1) The Uniper Group was deconsolidated effective December 31st, 2016. It is shown in our 2016 income statement as discontinued operation.
2) Adjusted for non-operating effects