Conference on Climate Change
December 2-14, 2018, Katowice
Learn more about E.ON's position and goals.
Background and additional information
COP24 is the informal name for the 24th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
E.ON experts outline background information, enabling increased understanding and discussion on subject matter being covered at the event.
Our climate position:
- We support the Paris Agreement
- Therefore, we believe that CO2 emissions in the second half of the century have to drop to zero globally
- We are committed to the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations:
- #7 “Affordable and clean energy”
- #11 “Sustainable cities and communities”
- #13 “Climate action”
Our climate goals:
- Our concrete goal is to reduce our absolute CO2 footprint by 30 percent by 2030 compared with 2016.
- In addition, we are working to reduce the CO2 intensity of the electricity we sell by 50 percent.
- Zero CO2 in all E.ON buildings by 2030
- CO2 pricing for all sectors (electricity, mobility, heating/buildings)
How we want to achieve our goals:
- We set our own climate targets for our buildings, products and for the emissions of our customers.
- As the leading sustainable company in our industry, we reduce CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions by delivering sustainable energy solutions.
- Avoid emissions (= efficiency)
- Use renewable energies
- Integration of renewable energy production in our intelligent networks
- We support our customers on their individual path to climate neutrality.
- We use our social and economic influence to decarbonize the energy world.
December, 12, 2018
The Climate Action Tracker report
A report recently released by think tank Climate Action Tracker delves into recent CO2 emissions in the European Union and impressively demonstrates how and in which areas CO2 emissions can be significantly reduced.
December, 07, 2018
Highlight-video of the Local Energy Community event - organised by EURACTIV
With the European Commission expected to present its 2050 low-carbon economy plan in late November, EURACTIV organised this event on the role Local Energy Communities can play in the energy transition.
December 5, 2018
December 4, 2018
November 30, 2018
November, 29, 2018
Survey: German citizens see climate change as the greatest social challenge
November, 28, 2018
Global companies call for a minimum carbon price
In this declaration, the companies reaffirm their intention to proactively and collectively combat climate change through their business activities.